Shipping & Delivery
We offer free shipping to all capital cities in Australia. For large items like floorstanding speakers we will offer a flat $75 per pair Australia Wide. If you have any queries regarding shipping please contact the store on 08 8357 7222.
Estimated Delivery Time:
Orders are generally dispatched within 1-2 business days after your order unless the item is out of stock, we will advise on any delays. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Delivery times may vary to each location.
- Adelaide same or next day
- Melbourne 1-2 days
- Sydney 1-3 days
- Canberra 2-4 days
- Perth 4-7 days
- Hobart 3-7 days
- Townsville 5-7 days
Please note that the above is just a guide and doesn't reflect holiday periods.
All shipments must be signed for at the time of delivery.
- We cannot ship to PO Boxes
- It is important that you inspect the delivery before signing for it. Unless you're 100% confident that the shipment has arrived in good condition, do not sign.
The M-DAC, an eagerly awaited, new standalone D/A converter finally makes its debut as a replacement for the award-winning 8000DAC introduced in 1992.
The M-DAC is housed in a smart styling aluminium case with solid build and ample connectivity. Alongside the USB input with Asynchronous data processing, there are two each of coaxial and optical digital inputs, and one each of coaxial and optical digital outputs. Audio signal is provided via RCA single-ended and XLR balanced audio outputs.
A wand like remote control handset allows you to switch inputs, select from preset digital filters and alter the display. The large clear screen allows you to see what input is being used and the sample rate being received. High-res 24-bit/192kHz music files can be played on the M-DAC via the coaxial input, while optical and USB inputs support 24-bit/96kHz data.
|General description||Digital-to-analogue converter|
|DAC||ESS Sabre32 9018 chip|
|Maximum Sampling Frequency||84.672MHz|
|Digital input||2 x 24-bit/192kHz coaxial ,2 x 24-bit/96kHz Toslink optical, 1 x 24-bit/96kHz USB|
|Digital output||1 x coaxial, 1x Toslink optical|
|Output voltage||RCA: 2.25V RMS,XLR: 4.5V RMS|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||RCA: <0.002%; XLR: <0.0008%|
|Frequency response||20Hz - 20kHz (± 0.2dB)|
|Dynamic range||RCA: >115dB;XLR: >122dB|
|Crosstalk||RCA: <-120dB; XLR: <-130dB|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||59 x 250 x252mm|
|Power requirements (depending on region)||220--230V /100-120V (50 ~ 60Hz)|
|Standard accessories||power cord, remote control handset, batteries, user manual|
• Asynchronous USB supporting 24-bit/96kHz with remote control of PC / MAC Media Player via HID support
• High current, high linearity RCA single-ended & XLR true balanced with fully discrete J-FET CROSS* Class A output stages and built-in headphone amplifier
• Selectable DAC mode or Digital Pre-amplifier mode, allowing direct connection to power amplifiers and active speakers in digital only systems
• 2.7” high contrast OLED display
• "Actual"or"Nominal"Sampling Frequency display – displays the TRUE input sampling frequency with 1Hz resolution
• Digital level meters in dB with peak hold
• CD / DVD SPDIF subcode embedded Track and Time Display
• Advanced de-jittered optical and coaxial SPDIF output, with USB to SPDIF output.
• Full remote control + external remote / BUS I/O loop
• 26 internal regulated supply rails with 10 ultra low noise, low impedance discrete regulators
• 7 user selectable digital filters – fully software upgradeable via the USB port
• Organic ultra low ESR capacitors, high tolerance polypropylene film / foil capacitors, ultra stable very low VCR 0.1% MELF SMD resistors, 4 layer PCB
• External upgradeable power supply interface for a future upgrade path