Shipping & Delivery
We offer free shipping to all capital cities in Australia. For large items like floorstanding speakers we will offer a flat $75 per pair Australia Wide. If you have any queries regarding shipping please contact the store on 08 8357 7222.
Estimated Delivery Time:
Orders are generally dispatched within 1-2 business days after your order unless the item is out of stock, we will advise on any delays. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Delivery times may vary to each location.
- Adelaide same or next day
- Melbourne 1-2 days
- Sydney 1-3 days
- Canberra 2-4 days
- Perth 4-7 days
- Hobart 3-7 days
- Townsville 5-7 days
Please note that the above is just a guide and doesn't reflect holiday periods.
All shipments must be signed for at the time of delivery.
- We cannot ship to PO Boxes
- It is important that you inspect the delivery before signing for it. Unless you're 100% confident that the shipment has arrived in good condition, do not sign.
The BasX A-150 is a two channel power amplifier that offers true audiophile sound quality at an affordable price. The BasX A-150 includes a carefully chosen set of important features, including a heavy-duty power supply, high-quality Class A/B amplification, transparent audiophile-quality fault protection, a trigger input and output, and industry standard unbalanced audio inputs. Modern manufacturing techniques, and careful design and parts selection, have enabled us to deliver all of this performance and great sound quality in the BasX A-150 at a far lower price than you might imagine.
BasX: The Foundation of a Superb Audio System
The goal of putting together an exceptional audio system is to enrich your life with outstanding sound. It isn’t about spending a lot of money, or about fancy knobs and jewel encrusted remote controls; it’s all about playing the music. As a leading manufacturer of home audio equipment, we’ve noticed that a lot of people still don’t have high-quality audio in their lives. Some folks don’t have the budget to buy good equipment, while others don’t have the time to spend trying to figure out how to use it – and that’s exactly why we developed our new Emotiva BasX products. Our BasX components combine great sound quality, a carefully chosen set of genuinely useful features, and rock solid performance, with a simple yet elegant design.
This unique combination allows us to offer a combination you just can’t find anywhere else – great sound and great value. All of the components in our new BasX line are priced to be within reach of every music lover. You don’t need to be rich to afford them, and you don’t need to be an engineer to figure out how to use them. They’re carefully crafted to give you many years of reliable and trouble-free service, and they’ll look great in your living room or on your audio rack. You can build a complete music system out of our BasX components that will give you a true audiophile listening experience. Or try adding one or two BasX components to round out your existing audio system. Great sounding audio doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
While the BasX A-150 offers lots of performance, you won’t need an advanced degree to install and use it, and you won’t need to rewire your home. The BasX A-150 ships with a removable heavy-duty industry standard IEC power cable. Just plug it into an outlet, connect it to your preamp or processor and your speakers, and you’re done. Your BasX A-150 will figure out your line voltage automatically, and its speaker outputs are heavy-duty five way binding posts that accept bare wire, banana plugs, or spade lugs. We’ve used industry standard connectors, so you can upgrade the power cable or your speaker wires if you like; the BasX A-150 doesn’t really need all that fancy stuff, but it’s ready if you decide you want to add it later.
The BasX A-150 is built to last, with a heavy duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction throughout. We expect you to enjoy your BasX A-150 for a long time – and we back that up with a full three-year warranty.
- The BasX A-150 is a two channel power amplifier. The BasX A-150 combines classical audiophile amplifier architecture, based on a heavy-duty linear power supply, and a carefully designed high current short signal path Class A/B output stage, with advanced microprocessor-controlled monitoring and protection circuitry, to deliver superb sound quality at a truly reasonable price.
- Power Output (both channels driven):
75 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms.
150 watts RMS per channel; 1 kHz; THD < 1%; into 4 Ohms.
- Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.07 dB)
- Broad Band Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz +0/-1.8 dB
- THD + noise: < 0.02% (A-weighted); ref rated power
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 120 dB; ref rated power; (A-weighted).
> 100 dB; ref 1 watt; (A-weighted).
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel): 4 Ohms
(which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads).
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500.
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1.2 V.
- Gain: 29 dB.
- Input Impedance: 27 kOhms.
Input And Output Connections
- Input Connections: Unbalanced (RCA); one each per channel.
- Speaker Output Connections: Audiophile grade 5-way binding posts.
Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Standby: push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
- Status LEDs: one per channel; blue.
Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls
- AC Power switch: rocker switch (switches AC main power).
- Status LEDs switch: disables front panel Status LEDs.
- The BasX A-150 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
17” wide x 3-1/8” high x 13-1/2” deep (not including connectors).
21-1/2” wide x 7” high x 21-1/4” deep (boxed).
15.5 lbs (unboxed)
21.9 lbs (boxed)