BasX: The Foundation of a Superb Audio System
The goal of putting together an exceptional audio system is to enrich your life with outstanding sound. It’s all about playing the music. It isn’t about spending a lot of money, or solid gold knobs or jewel encrusted remote controls. And you don’t need all sorts of complicated features you’re never going to use. The key to building a great audio system is to use well-designed components with excellent technical performance and superb sound quality. Every Emotiva BasX component has been designed from the ground up to be part of an excellent audio system. They incorporate the latest cutting edge technology and all the features you need to give you the best possible listening experience.
Why is BasX so special?
As a leading manufacturer of home audio equipment, we’ve noticed that a lot of people still don’t have high-quality audio in their lives. Some folks don’t have the budget to buy good equipment, while others don’t have the time to spend trying to figure out how to use it – and that’s exactly why we developed our new Emotiva BasX products. Our BasX components combine great sound quality, a carefully chosen set of genuinely useful features, and rock solid performance, with a simple yet elegant design.
This unique combination allows us to offer a combination you just can’t find anywhere else – great sound and great value. All of the components in our new BasX line are priced to be within reach of every music lover. You don’t need to be rich to afford them, and you don’t need to be an engineer to figure out how to use them. They’re carefully crafted to give you many years of reliable and trouble-free service, and they’ll look great in your living room or on your audio rack.
You can build a complete music system out of our BasX components that will give you a true audiophile listening experience. Or try adding one or two BasX components to round out your existing audio system. Great sounding audio doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
The BasX offers all the essential features that make a great audio component. The circuitry in the BasX A-300 features a heavy duty linear power supply, great sounding high-current short signal path Class A/B amplifier modules, a trigger input and output, and industry standard unbalanced audio inputs. It also includes audiophile-quality fault protection that’s completely transparent in normal operation, yet protects the A-300 and your other equipment from common fault conditions.
The BasX A-300 delivers real audiophile sound quality – and we’ve got the specs to back that up: 150 watts RMS per channel at less than 0.1% THD into 8 ohms; THD+N of less than 0.02%; and a signal to noise ratio of 120 dB referenced to full power.
While the BasX A-300 offers lots of performance, you won’t need a Ph.D. to install and use it. Just plug the BasX A-300 into any standard 115 VAC or 230 VAC line; it will figure out the correct voltage to use. A removable heavy-duty power cable is included, and, if you want to experiment with power cords, the BasX A-300 also accepts any industry standard IEC power cable. The speaker outputs are heavy duty five-way insulated binding posts that work equally well with bare wire, banana plugs, or spade lugs.
The BasX A-300 is built to last, with a heavy duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction… We expect you to enjoy your BasX A-300 for a long time – and we back that up with a full three-year warranty.
The BasX A-300
The BasX A-300 is a two channel power amplifier. You can use the BasX A-300 for an excellent stereo sound system, or to run two channels in a home theater system or anywhere a great sounding two channel power amp is needed.
Exceptional sound quality. Excellent value.
- Great sounding Class A/B output stage – ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging – without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Wide band with low noise design – Hear everything your high definition sources have to offer.
- Heavy duty linear power supply – with an oversized torodial power transformer and plenty of current capacity to drive even difficult speakers.
- Top quality parts and construction – promise years of reliable service.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes – enable us to use short, optimized signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
- Totally stable – designed for use in the real world, with real speakers.
- Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminum faceplate – provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Heavy duty insulated five-way speaker binding posts – allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Remote trigger input and output – allow the BasX A-300 to be turned on by trigger-enabled equipment, and to activate other trigger-enabled equipment.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection – entirely transparent under normal conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from all common fault conditions.
- Universal AC line voltage operation – the BasX A-300 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz, and automatically detect and configure themselves to operate with your local line voltage.
- Standard IEC power inlet – fits all standard and audiophile IEC power cables.
- Three-year warranty – ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX power amp for years to come.
The BasX A-300 is a two channel power amplifier. The BasX A-300 combines classical audiophile amplifier architecture – based on a heavy-duty linear power supply, and a carefully designed high current, short signal path, Class A/B output stage, with advanced, microprocessor-controlled monitoring and protection circuitry, to deliver superb sound quality at a truly reasonable price.
Power Output (two channels driven)
150 watts RMS per channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD < 0.1%; into 8 Ohms
300 watts RMS per channel; 1 kHz; THD < 1%; into 4 Ohms
Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load)
20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.07 dB).
Broad Band Frequency Response
5 Hz to 80 kHz (+ / – 1.8 dB).
THD + noise
< 0.02% (A-weighted); at rated power; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms
Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load)
> 120 dB (A-weighted); ref rated power.
> 100 dB (A-weighted); ref 1 watt.
Minimum Recommended Load Impedance
4 Ohms; which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads.
Damping Factor (8 Ohm load)
Speaker Output Connections
Audiophile grade, 5-way binding posts.
Linear power supply with heavy duty torodial transformer.
Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8Ohm load)
Unbalanced (RCA); one per channel.
27 kOhms (unbalanced).
Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
Standby; push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
Status LEDs; one per channel; blue.
Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls
AC Power switch; rocker switch (switches AC main power).
Status LEDs switch; disables front panel Status LEDs.
The BasX A-300 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
17” wide x 4” high x 15.5” deep (does not include connectors)
21-1/2” wide x 8” high x 21” deep (boxed).
25.2 lbs (net)
33 lbs (boxed)