Shipping & Delivery
We offer free shipping to all capital cities in Australia. For large items like floorstanding speakers we will offer a flat $75 per pair Australia Wide. If you have any queries regarding shipping please contact the store on 08 8357 7222.
Estimated Delivery Time:
Orders are generally dispatched within 1-2 business days after your order unless the item is out of stock, we will advise on any delays. Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Delivery times may vary to each location.
- Adelaide same or next day
- Melbourne 1-2 days
- Sydney 1-3 days
- Canberra 2-4 days
- Perth 4-7 days
- Hobart 3-7 days
- Townsville 5-7 days
Please note that the above is just a guide and doesn't reflect holiday periods.
All shipments must be signed for at the time of delivery.
- We cannot ship to PO Boxes
- It is important that you inspect the delivery before signing for it. Unless you're 100% confident that the shipment has arrived in good condition, do not sign.
BasX: The Foundation of a Superb Audio System
The goal of putting together an exceptional audio system is to enrich your life with outstanding sound. It’s all about playing the music. It isn’t about spending a lot of money, or solid gold knobs or jewel encrusted remote controls. And you don’t need all sorts of complicated features you’re never going to use. The key to building a great audio system is to use well-designed components with excellent technical performance and superb sound quality. Every Emotiva BasX component has been designed from the ground up to be part of an excellent audio system. They incorporate the latest cutting edge technology and all the features you need to give you the best possible listening experience.
Why is BasX so special?
As a leading manufacturer of home audio equipment, we’ve noticed that a lot of people still don’t have high-quality audio in their lives. Some folks don’t have the budget to buy good equipment, while others don’t have the time to spend trying to figure out how to use it – and that’s exactly why we developed our new Emotiva BasX products. Our BasX components combine great sound quality, a carefully chosen set of genuinely useful features, and rock solid performance, with a simple yet elegant design.
This unique combination allows us to offer a combination you just can’t find anywhere else – great sound and great value. All of the components in our new BasX line are priced to be within reach of every music lover. You don’t need to be rich to afford them, and you don’t need to be an engineer to figure out how to use them. They’re carefully crafted to give you many years of reliable and trouble-free service, and they’ll look great in your living room or on your audio rack.
You can build a complete music system out of our BasX components that will give you a true audiophile listening experience. Or try adding one or two BasX components to round out your existing audio system. Great sounding audio doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated.
BasX Features & Simplicity
Every model in the BasX line offers all the essential features you need. The BasX PT-100 is a high performance stereo preamplifier that includes a high-performance stereo FM tuner, line level analog inputs for a CD player or line-level source, a built-in USB DAC with plenty of digital inputs for your computer, TV, cable box, streamer, etc. It even includes a high-quality phono preamp that supports both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges, along with provisions for a high-quality AptX Bluetooth module. The PT-100 can be operated via the simple front panel controls, or by the included infrared remote control. The intuitive menu system makes the PT-100 simple to configure and operate, and the big, easy to read, VFD display on the PT-100’s front panel shows you exactly what’s going on at all times.
The BasX PT-100 offers the type of performance you might expect to find on expensive components costing many times its modest price. Unlike many other affordable audio components these days, the PT-100 delivers the superb sound and build quality you expect from a true high-end audiophile component. It has vanishingly low noise and distortion and features a wide-bandwidth design allowing you get the most out of your HD sources.
The BasX PT-100 is built to last, with a heavy duty steel chassis, solid milled aluminum faceplate, and high-quality parts and construction… We expect you to enjoy your BasX PT-100 for a long time – and we back that up with a full three-year warranty.
Exceptional sound quality and excellent value start with the BasX.
- Highly optimized circuit layout – ensures the best possible sound quality, with low distortion, wide bandwidth, and a virtually silent noise floor.
- Sensitive FM tuner – features 50 station presets and a Mono mode to help make even weak stations listenable.
- A full complement of analog inputs – including two line level inputs, and a high quality phono input that supports both moving coil and moving magnet cartridges.
- A full complement of digital inputs – including one 24/96k USB input, 24/192 coax and optical S/PDIF inputs, and an optional Bluetooth receiver.
- Precision digital conversion – All digital inputs routed through the legendary Analog Devices AD1955 24/192 DAC.
- Bass and Treble controls – provide a familiar way to adjust your system to sound just the way you like it.
- VFD display – simple and easy to read display with 3 dimmable levels.
- Balance control – our unique balance control simultaneously adjusts the levels of both channels so the overall sound level in your room remains constant.
- Mute control – allows you to mute the audio output on your system, and then return precisely to your previous listening level.
- Intelligent headphone level control – independently remembers the level you set for your headphones and your main outputs.
- Full function remote control – lets you operate all the controls on the PT-100 without getting out of your favorite listening seat.
- Headphone output – independent, high current, direct coupled headphone amplifier provides a high quality signal to drive your favorite headphones for personal listening.
- Subwoofer outputs – besides the main stereo outputs, a separate pair of summed outputs are provided for connecting your favorite subwoofer.
- Flexible menu system – makes the BasX PT-100 easy to configure and simple to operate.
- Top quality parts and construction – promise years of reliable service.
- Double sided FR4 circuit boards with plated-through holes – SMD construction enables us to use short, optimized signal paths and minimize the need for point-to-point wiring.
- Heavy steel 2RU chassis with milled aluminum face plate – provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Universal AC line voltage operation – the BasX PT-100 is designed to operate on either 115 VAC or 230 VAC at 50/60 Hz, and automatically detect and configure itself to operate with your local line voltage.
- Full three year warranty – ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your BasX preamp/tuner for years to come.
2 pairs – stereo analog line level inputs (CD, Aux).
1 pair – stereo phono inputs (switchable; moving magnet or moving coil).
1 tuner – FM (with external antenna input; 50 station presets).
1 – digital coax (S/PDIF); 24/192k.
1 – digital optical (Toslink); 24/192k.
1 – digital USB (DAC input); 24/96k; no drivers required.
1 – Bluetooth receiver (requires optional AptX Bluetooth dongle).
1 pair – stereo main output; stereo, unbalanced.
2 – summed full range outputs (for connecting one or two subwoofers).
1 – stereo headphone output (front panel).
Analog Performance (line level)
Maximum output level: 4 VRMS
Frequency response: 5 Hz to 50 kHz +/- 0.04 dB.
THD+noise: < 0.0015% (A-weighted).
IMD: < 0.004% (SMPTE).
S/N ratio: > 115 dB.
Crosstalk: < 90 dB.
Analog Performance (phono)
Frequency response (MM and MC): 20 Hz to 20 kHz; ref standard RIAA curve.
THD+noise: < 0.015% (MM; A-weighted); < 0.06% (MC; A-weighted).
S/N ratio: > 90 dB (MM); > 68 dB (MC).
Analog Performance (headphone output power)
8 Ohms: 23 mW / channel
33 Ohms: 90 mW / channel
47 Ohms: 127 mW / channel
150 Ohms: 145 mW / channel
300 Ohms: 114 mW / channel
600 Ohms: 75 mW / channel
Frequency response: 5 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.15 dB (44k sample rate).
Frequency response: 5 Hz to 80 kHz +/- 0.25 dB (192k sample rate).
THD+noise: < 0.003% (A-weighted; all sample rates).
IMD: < 0.007% (SMPTE).
S/N ratio: > 110 dB.
12 VDC trigger output.
115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Controls and Indicators
Power: rocker switch; rear panel.
Standby: one front panel push button; halo ring changes color to indicate status.
Two front panel pushbuttons: Input Select; menu operation.
One front panel knob: Volume; Tuning; menu operation.
Display: high visibility blue alphanumeric VFD display (dimmable).
Compact full-function infrared remote control.
Menu and Control System
Simplified, highly intuitive menu system.
(includes Setup options, Bass, Treble, and Balance controls).
17” wide x 2 5/8” high x 12.5” deep (without connectors).
21” long x 7” high x 17-1/2” deep (boxed).
9 lbs (net)
13.5 lbs (boxed)